At Bedel Financial, we are very selective of who we choose to be on our team, because we only want the best talent in our industry. Our entire staff brings experience, expertise and well-honed skills to the firm. We are proud to have both CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioners (CFP®) and Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charterholders on our team, reflecting our commitment to the profession. Both the CFP® and CFA designations are highly regarded as the most stringent credentials in their associated profession.
CFP®A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Practitioner's broad knowledge helps create the total financial picture for a client. Our practitioners are educated to know how financial areas like investments, insurance and employee benefits all fit together. Sometimes a client won't know to ask “what are my other options?” A CFP® Practitioner looks at all the options, even ones that he or she may not be directly involved in managing. A CFP® Practitioner is bound and guided by a Code of Ethics to put the client's interest first. Our primary ethical standard is to meet the client's needs with a financial plan and recommendations that are personalized. We are obligated to practice in the most efficient and effective manner to meet the goal of “what is the best I can do for this client?” Working with a planner who has the CFP® certification gives clients an extra level of comfort. For additional information regarding the CFP® designation, you may visit www.cfp.net.
There are a wide range of credentials in the investment industry today. The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation is widely held as the most stringent of investment credentials or as the “gold standard” for investment professionals. In order to receive the designation, an investment professional must pass three rigorous exams, each requiring hundreds of hours of study. Passing candidates must demonstrate a mastery of the following investment topics - economics, quantitative analysis, securities valuation, derivatives, and portfolio management. On average, only one out of five professionals who registers as a candidate receives the full designation. It takes the successful candidates approximately five years to complete the process. In addition to demonstrating a high level of professional skill, CFA charterholders and candidates are held to strict ethical standards. This is critical as the strength of our profession is based on trust. Employees at Bedel Financial Consulting who are CFA charterholders or candidates are held to the following Code of Ethics as established by the CFA Institute:
- Act with integrity, competence, diligence, respect, and in an ethical manner with the public, clients, prospective clients, employers, employees, colleagues in the investment profession, and other participants in the global capital markets.
- Place the integrity of the investment profession and the interests of clients above their own personal interests.
- Use reasonable care and exercise independent professional judgment when conducting investment analysis, making investment recommendations, taking investment actions, and engaging in other professional activities.
- Practice and encourage others to practice in a professional and ethical manner that will reflect credit on themselves and the profession.
- Promote the integrity of, and uphold the rules governing, capital markets.
- Maintain and improve their professional competence and strive to maintain and improve the competence of other investment professionals.
Our investment staff is proud to be held to these high standards for our clients and our profession. To further underscore our commitment to the profession, Bill Wendling, CFA, serves as part of the local leadership of the CFA Society of Indianapolis. For additional information regarding the CFA designation, you may visit www.cfainstitute.org.