Evan D. Bedel, CFP®
Owner and Director of
Finance & Strategy
As founder of Generation NeXt, a service for helping young professionals establish a solid financial foundation for their future, one of my roles is mentoring our advisors to serve this niche clientele. Our service is designed to progressively guide the next generation of wealth accumulators towards an affluent path. We assist in developing an investment strategy that is in-line with their long- and short-term financial goals; including, debt reduction strategies, saving strategies, tax planning, investment education and advice, insurance analysis, retirement planning, and more. We help educate the adult children of our clients about the importance of fiscal responsibility.
Another role at Bedel is serving as Director of Strategy and Finance for the firm. This role includes long-term internal business strategy planning and control of financial decision making for the firm.
Wealth Management Experience
- Experience includes investment portfolio management, GenerationNeXt services, Retirement Plan Consultant, and comprehensive financial planning.
- Bedel Financial Consulting, Inc., Financial Planner.
- Fee only financial consulting and investment management firm providing services for individuals and business owners.
- Clarus Financial, Financial Planner.
Educational and Professional Designations
- Certified Financial Planner™ certification.
- Master of Science, Personal Financial Planning, Texas Tech University.
- Bachelor of Liberal Arts, Business Management, Wittenberg University.
Professional Activities & Accolades
- Indy's Best & Brightest Under 40, Junior Achievement of Central Indiana (2014 & 2015).
- Past President, Financial Planning Association of Indiana.
- Board of Trustees, Brebeuf Jesuit (2019 - present).
- Past President, Brebeuf Jesuit Alumni Board of Directors.
- Investment and Endowment Committee, Brebeuf Jesuit Board of Trustees.
- Board of Directors, Rotary Club of Indianapolis.
- Professional Advisor Leadership Council, Central Indiana Community Foundation (CICF).
- Recipient of Five Star Wealth Manager Award, Indianapolis Monthly - 5 Year Winner (2014 - 2018).
- Business Committee, Indy DO Day.
- Finance Speaker, American Leadership Academy.
- Finance Speaker, Woodrow Wilson Leadership School.
- Member, Indianapolis Alumni Association of Phi Kappa Psi.
Check out more fun facts about Evan:
If you are a small business or self-employed individual under financial stress due to the Coronavirus, the Paycheck Protection Program is intended to help you through this difficult time. If you qualify, pull together the necessary financial information for the loan application, and apply as soon as you can.
There are many books and theories published around the correlation between election cycles and stock market cycles. Is it true that the stock market outperforms in an election year? We are here to debunk (or not) myths and share some facts.
Looking to provide scholarship funds to your alma mater or favorite school? Gifting to a scholarship-granting organization (SGO) allows you to do just that while also realizing great tax benefits. Read on for all the details to help you put money in your alma mater’s pocket, while keeping a bit more in your own!
What if I told you a Health Savings Account is the most tax efficient and versatile retirement account you own? Believe it or not, with proper planning, an HSA can blow the doors off your 401(k), IRA, or even a Roth IRA!
For those choosing a career in the public service sector, the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program can be a great way to relieve student loan debt after ten years of monthly income-based payments. But it turns out there’s much more to it than simply working in the public sector and making those ten years of payments. If you or someone you know is graduating and wants to take advantage of this program, be sure you understand all the requirements that must be met.
Dreaming of retiring in your 30’s or 40’s but not sure that could be your reality? The FIRE movement (Financially Independent Retire Early) is increasing in popularity, but there are definite pros and cons to the movement. Be sure you’ve critically assessed your financial situation, and that your financial plan is structured to provide you the means for early retirement. We have the details…
Chances are you’ve crossed paths with Amazon at some point recently – purchasing a Christmas gift, ordering groceries for the home, or even researching products and their customer reviews. But Amazon's impact extends far beyond the way you shop - but just how far remains to be seen.
Evan had the privilege over the last couple years to serve as a mentor to Max Moroknek, a student and entrepreneur at Brebeuf Jesuit, Evan’s alma mater. Evan discusses the importance of mentorship and giving back to younger generations, as well as a pretty nifty gadget Max and his business partner created.
What’s the one piece of advice you would give a recent college graduate? We say “Start off on a solid financial footing to ensure future financial success.” Being a new graduate can be overwhelming – so many choices to make and things to think about that it can make your head spin. But we have you covered with great advice for starting your financial future out the right way, from budgeting to saving to debt management. Read on for our financial advice for graduates.
Are you self-employed and saving for retirement? Are you sure you’re getting the most bang for your buck with the retirement vehicle you’ve chosen? If you meet certain requirements, a Solo 401(k) could be right for you – allowing you to save more for your future retirement and receive a larger income tax deduction today! Read on to discover the benefits a Solo 401(k) could bring to you now and in the future.
The Child Tax Credit was a pivotal part of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, with many senators calling for a comprehensive overhaul to the current rules before approving the TCJA. But many still don’t fully understand the implications of this substantial change. We’ve outlined the new rules of the Child Tax Credit and how those might apply to your household – and your bottom line.
Our nation’s unprecedented level of political controversy has amplified the fears of many investors. Should you be worried?