Evan D. Bedel, CFP®
As President of Bedel Financial, I am responsible for building a team culture that performs the highest level of client service with the appropriate employee work-life balance. My role is to create, communicate and implement the firm’s strategic direction. I oversee the Bedel Leadership Team (BLT) and help develop firm goals, team goals and individual career paths, along with other firm policies and procedures.
I am also the Wealth Advisor for many Bedel clients and this is a role I plan to continue indefinitely.
As founder of Generation NeXt, in 2009, a service for helping young professionals establish a solid financial foundation for their future, one of my roles has been mentoring our advisors to serve this niche clientele. Our service is designed to progressively guide the next generation of wealth accumulators towards an affluent path.
I serve on several local non-profit boards and committees. However, my top priority will always be my family and my firm. My wife, Abbe, and I have two boys and not enough vizslas!
Wealth Management Experience
- Experience includes investment portfolio management, GenerationNeXt services, Retirement Plan Consultant, and comprehensive financial planning.
- Bedel Financial Consulting, Inc., Wealth Advisor.
- Fee only financial consulting and investment management firm providing services for individuals and business owners.
- Clarus Financial, Financial Planner.
Educational and Professional Designations
- Certified Financial Planner™ certification.
- Master of Science, Personal Financial Planning, Texas Tech University.
- Bachelor of Liberal Arts, Business Management, Wittenberg University.
Professional Activities & Accolades
- Indy's Best & Brightest Under 40, Junior Achievement of Central Indiana (2014 & 2015)
- Board of Trustees, Brebeuf Jesuit (2019 - present)
- Chair, Finance and Investment Committee, Brebeuf Jesuit Board of Trustees (2022 – present)
- Past President, Brebeuf Jesuit Alumni Board of Directors
- Past President, Financial Planning Association of Indiana
- Chair, Rotary Foundation Investment Committee (2021 – present)
- Board of Directors, Rotary Club of Indianapolis
- Professional Advisor Leadership Council, Central Indiana Community Foundation (CICF)
- Recipient of Five Star Wealth Manager Award, Indianapolis Monthly (2014 - 2021)
- Business Committee, Indy DO Day
- Finance Speaker, American Leadership Academy
- Finance Speaker, Woodrow Wilson Leadership School
- Member, Indianapolis Alumni Association of Phi Kappa Psi
Check out more fun facts about Evan:
The impact A.I. will have on your finances is limitless. We are still in the early stages of development and adoption, and there are too many inaccuracies within the technology for widespread use, and improvements remain constant.
Indiana is incentivizing Indiana taxpayers with a 50 percent tax credit when they donate to eligible SGOs. The program supports students and families in financial need while financially rewarding donors. Indiana's School Scholarship Tax Credit Program is a win-win for everyone!
To successfully transition wealth to the next generation, it takes open communication between G2 and G3, agreed-upon family financial values, and perspective on where it all began.
The current score for the Bedel Barometer is +3. While we all know “past performance is not a guarantee of future results,” our economic metrics continue to improve with the slow reopening of the economy.
The reasons why you should own, or invest, in Bitcoin have changed over time. It should be considered a higher than average risk investment, and we suggest proceeding with caution.
Home prices have been soaring across the country, and new institutional investors are entering the market to compete with traditional buyers. With interest rates near all-time lows and home equity at all-time highs, current homeowners may enjoy a benefit when it comes to cashing out equity.
Dreaming of retiring in your 30’s or 40’s but not sure that could be your reality? The FIRE movement (Financially Independent Retire Early) is increasing in popularity, but there are definite pros and cons to the movement. Be sure you’ve critically assessed your financial situation, and that your financial plan is structured to provide you the means for early retirement. We have the details…
The addition of Tesla into the S&P 500 Index has been S&P's most controversial decision in recent history. What are the pros and cons of adding the highly valued car company to the Index?
When it comes to estate planning, current policies have never been more favorable than today. Everyone’s goals and intentions for wealth transfer are different, so customizing a strategy that fits your needs is the most important first step.
If you are a small business or self-employed individual under financial stress due to the Coronavirus, the Paycheck Protection Program is intended to help you through this difficult time. If you qualify, pull together the necessary financial information for the loan application, and apply as soon as you can.
There are many books and theories published around the correlation between election cycles and stock market cycles. Is it true that the stock market outperforms in an election year? We are here to debunk (or not) myths and share some facts.
Looking to provide scholarship funds to your alma mater or favorite school? Gifting to a scholarship-granting organization (SGO) allows you to do just that while also realizing great tax benefits. Read on for all the details to help you put money in your alma mater’s pocket, while keeping a bit more in your own!