Evan D. Bedel, CFP®
Owner, Generation NeXt Team Leader and Director of Finance & Strategy
As founder of Generation NeXt, a service for helping young professionals establish a solid financial foundation for their future, one of my roles is mentoring our advisors to serve this niche clientele. Our service is designed to progressively guide the next generation of wealth accumulators towards an affluent path. We assist in developing an investment strategy that is in-line with their long- and short-term financial goals; including, debt reduction strategies, saving strategies, tax planning, investment education and advice, insurance analysis, retirement planning, and more. We help educate the adult children of our clients about the importance of fiscal responsibility.
Another role at Bedel is serving as Director of Strategy and Finance for the firm. This role includes long-term internal business strategy planning and control of financial decision making for the firm.
Wealth Management Experience
- Experience includes investment portfolio management, GenerationNeXt services, Retirement Plan Consultant, and comprehensive financial planning.
- Bedel Financial Consulting, Inc., Financial Planner.
- Fee only financial consulting and investment management firm providing services for individuals and business owners.
- Clarus Financial, Financial Planner.
Educational and Professional Designations
- Certified Financial Planner™ certification.
- Master of Science, Personal Financial Planning, Texas Tech University.
- Bachelor of Liberal Arts, Business Management, Wittenberg University.
Professional Activities & Accolades
- Indy's Best & Brightest Under 40 Finalist, Junior Achievement of Central Indiana (2014 & 2015).
- Recipient of Five Star Wealth Manager Award, Indianapolis Monthly - 5 Year Winner (2014 - 2018).
- Past President, Financial Planning Association of Greater Indiana.
- Past President, Brebeuf Jesuit Alumni Board of Directors.
- Investment and Endowment Committee, Brebeuf Jesuit Board of Trustees.
- Finance Committee Chair, Brebeuf Jesuit Alumni Board.
- Board of Directors, Rotary Club of Indianapolis.
- Professional Advisor Leadership Council, Central Indiana Community Foundation (CICF).
- Business Committee, Indy DO Day.
- Finance Speaker, American Leadership Academy.
- Finance Speaker, Woodrow Wilson Leadership School.
- Member, Indianapolis Alumni Association of Phi Kappa Psi.
Dreaming of retiring in your 30’s or 40’s but not sure that could be your reality? The FIRE movement (Financially Independent Retire Early) is increasing in popularity, but there are definite pros and cons to the movement. Be sure you’ve critically assessed your financial situation, and that your financial plan is structured to provide you the means for early retirement. We have the details…
Chances are you’ve crossed paths with Amazon at some point recently – purchasing a Christmas gift, ordering groceries for the home, or even researching products and their customer reviews. But Amazon's impact extends far beyond the way you shop - but just how far remains to be seen.
What if I told you a Health Savings Account is the most tax efficient and versatile retirement account you own? Believe it or not, with proper planning, an HSA can blow the doors off your 401(k), IRA, or even a Roth IRA!
Looking to provide scholarship funds to your alma mater or favorite school? Gifting to a scholarship-granting organization (SGO) allows you to do just that while also realizing great tax benefits. Read on for all the details to help you put money in your alma mater’s pocket, while keeping a bit more in your own!
Evan had the privilege over the last couple years to serve as a mentor to Max Moroknek, a student and entrepreneur at Brebeuf Jesuit, Evan’s alma mater. Evan discusses the importance of mentorship and giving back to younger generations, as well as a pretty nifty gadget Max and his business partner created.
What’s the one piece of advice you would give a recent college graduate? We say “Start off on a solid financial footing to ensure future financial success.” Being a new graduate can be overwhelming – so many choices to make and things to think about that it can make your head spin. But we have you covered with great advice for starting your financial future out the right way, from budgeting to saving to debt management. Read on for our financial advice for graduates.
Are you self-employed and saving for retirement? Are you sure you’re getting the most bang for your buck with the retirement vehicle you’ve chosen? If you meet certain requirements, a Solo 401(k) could be right for you – allowing you to save more for your future retirement and receive a larger income tax deduction today! Read on to discover the benefits a Solo 401(k) could bring to you now and in the future.
The Child Tax Credit was a pivotal part of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, with many senators calling for a comprehensive overhaul to the current rules before approving the TCJA. But many still don’t fully understand the implications of this substantial change. We’ve outlined the new rules of the Child Tax Credit and how those might apply to your household – and your bottom line.
Our nation’s unprecedented level of political controversy has amplified the fears of many investors. Should you be worried?
Have you ever wanted to own a skyscraper? How about an entire apartment complex? Well, good news, now you can! And, you don’t have to meet “accredited investor” requirements. How? It’s called crowdfunding!
It’s 8:30 p.m. and you’re sitting on your couch drinking a glass of wine and reading political Facebook posts, trying to decompress after ...
Everyone wants a great future! Then why don’t people plan? Many do nothing and leave their future well-being purely to chance.