Kathryn J. Hower, CFP®
Sr. Wealth Advisor and
Director of Financial Planning
My focus is to provide clarity to others regarding their financial picture, today and in the future. As Financial Planner, I can run analyses on a number of areas that aid in establishing a game plan for meeting ones life goals, including but not limited to: funding college educations, ensuring a secure retirement, providing financial security to loved ones, and developing a legacy to pass along to the next generation.
Personal Financial Planning Experience
- Over 20 years experience providing fee-only financial planning and investment management services to high net-worth individuals.
- These services include comprehensive plan preparation with extensive estate, cash flow and retirement planning, tax and insurance analysis and advice.
- Bedel Financial Consulting, Inc., Sr. Wealth Advisor & Director of Financial Planning.
- Goelzer Investment Management, Inc., Client Wealth Advisor.
- Tobias Family Office, Financial Manager.
- Oxford Financial Group, Ltd, Client Service Advisor.
Educational and Professional Designations
- Certified Financial Planner™ certification, College for Financial Planning.
- Bachelor of Science, Personal Financial Planning and Counseling Major, Purdue University.
Professional Activities & Accolades
- Recipient of Five Star Wealth Manager Award, Indianapolis Monthly - 5 Year Winner (2014 - 2018).
- Member, Financial Planning Association.
- Member, Perspectives Class One-Women’s Fund of Central Indiana.
- Member, Estate Planning Council.
- Member, Professional Wealth Study Group.
Check out more fun facts about Kathy:
If you typically get a large refund or end up owing a significant amount at tax-filing time, or your tax filing status or earned income changes, you may want to adjust form W-4.
Anyone with a pet knows that veterinary care can be costly, especially when faced with a more serious illness. Enter pet insurance – providing pet owners with the means to provide care for their furry friends in the event of illness. We’ve outlined the basics of pet insurance, along with things to consider when deciding if it’s a good purchase for you and your pet.
While Private 529s allow you to buy certificates to lock in current tuition rates for participating colleges, they don't allow you to invest your savings in marketable securities.
Just $1 too much could cost you your entire rebate. Reducing your adjusted gross income can help maximize your rebate without costing you a dime.
Many see Medicare and Medicaid as very similar. While they do have some similarities, the types of benefits and services of each can be distinctly different.
Do not put your financial plan on the shelf and carry-on as usual. It's essential that you engage a qualified wealth advisor to help develop your financial plan.
If you forgot to sign up for your employer's group insurance plan, or you if forgot about pre-tax contributions to a medical savings account, you may get a second chance this year.
Did you know the CARES Act includes favorable tax benefits for cash gifts made to qualifying charitable organizations this year?
Could a market correction negatively impact your retirement accounts? A self-directed IRA would provide an opportunity to incorporate non-traditional investments into your retirement portfolio, but make sure you do your research before jumping in.
Is your 2020 News Year's resolution related to your finances? A recent study shows that only 8 percent of New Year's resolutions are successful. What can you do to beat the odds and make your resolutions a reality?
Becoming the trustee of a trust or choosing a trustee for your trust is not a decision that should be taken lightly. There are many traits you should be looking for and responsibilities you should be aware of before committing to choose or become a trustee. We’ve broken down the responsibilities, as well as what qualities a trustee should possess to help make the process a bit easier for you.
High school graduations are just around the corner and in the past year you’ve likely spent a lot of time helping your child determine their field of study as well as the right college.