Kathryn J. Hower, CFP®
Sr. Wealth Advisor and
Director of Financial Planning
My focus is to provide clarity to others regarding their financial picture, today and in the future. As Financial Planner, I can run analyses on a number of areas that aid in establishing a game plan for meeting ones life goals, including but not limited to: funding college educations, ensuring a secure retirement, providing financial security to loved ones, and developing a legacy to pass along to the next generation.
Personal Financial Planning Experience
- Over 20 years experience providing fee-only financial planning and investment management services to high net-worth individuals.
- These services include comprehensive plan preparation with extensive estate, cash flow and retirement planning, tax and insurance analysis and advice.
- Bedel Financial Consulting, Inc., Sr. Wealth Advisor & Director of Financial Planning.
- Goelzer Investment Management, Inc., Client Wealth Advisor.
- Tobias Family Office, Financial Manager.
- Oxford Financial Group, Ltd, Client Service Advisor.
Educational and Professional Designations
- Certified Financial Planner™ certification, College for Financial Planning.
- Bachelor of Science, Personal Financial Planning and Counseling Major, Purdue University.
Professional Activities & Accolades
- Recipient of Five Star Wealth Manager Award, Indianapolis Monthly - 5 Year Winner (2014 - 2018).
- Member, Financial Planning Association.
- Member, Perspectives Class One-Women’s Fund of Central Indiana.
- Member, Estate Planning Council.
- Member, Professional Wealth Study Group.
Check out more fun facts about Kathy:
It’s May in Indy, the race car engines are revving and everyone is gearing up for the big race – but be aware of overspending on credit cards during the festivities or you could be on a collision course with bad credit. We break down the details on avoiding credit score dents to help you win your race for financial security!
Teaching children financial literacy skills early in life can help set them up for future financial success, but where’s a parent to begin? At Bedel, we encourage parents to teach the three S’s – saving, smart spending, and sharing. Read on for the details on each.
Anyone with a pet knows that veterinary care can be costly, especially when faced with a more serious illness. Enter pet insurance – providing pet owners with the means to provide care for their furry friends in the event of illness. We’ve outlined the basics of pet insurance, along with things to consider when deciding if it’s a good purchase for you and your pet.
Your child is heading to college…The car is packed, and you’re ready to move her in. But aren’t you forgetting something? Have you talked with her about finances and making good financial decisions while she’s away? Now’s the perfect time to have that chat and make sure she’s ready to face all the financial intelligence “tests” she’ll encounter in college.
Is your child’s identity at risk? That might sound like a crazy question, but young children are prime targets for identity theft. We’ve outlined how children’s identities can be stolen, warning signs to look for, and what you should do if you find out your child has become a victim.
What happens if you die without a will in place? Who decides where your assets go, and more importantly, who cares for your children? Without a will, these decisions are left up to the state…and you might not like their choices. Drafting a will enables you to clearly articulate your wishes for the disposition of your estate, as well as the care of your children, ensuring your final wishes are carried out. Read on for our tips on creating your will.
Buying a car and keeping it for seven to ten years or longer will generally provide a better financial result than leasing. However, if your personal preference is to lease, then be a smart consumer.
We’re coming off the best year for existing home sales in 11 years…so is now the right time for you to downsize? Many might advise you to take the money and run, but it could come at a cost. We’ve outlined the pros and cons for downsizing, and what each might mean for your bottom line.
Inheriting an IRA can be a blessing. Dealing with the IRS distribution rules can be a headache. Understand your options!
Do you know what post-high school educational expenses qualify for tax-free reimbursement from your child’s 529 account? It’s important to know what expenses do qualify in order to avoid paying taxes and a penalty for those expenses that don’t.
You’ve executed a last will and testament and created a plan for divvying up your assets when you pass. You’re covered, right? Not ...
Does someone close to you have Alzheimer’s? If so, you’ll likely want your loved one to retain his or her lifestyle and independence as ...