Bill Wendling, CFA
Sr. Portfolio Manager and
Chief Investment Officer
As a portfolio manager, I partner with clients in helping to ensure their portfolio is invested in the best way to meet their long-term goals. Since every client has different goals, every client's portfolio is uniquely invested. Too frequently, people overcomplicate problems, when simplifying them would be helpful. I like Occam's razor which suggests that oftentimes the simplest solution is the best solution.
Investment Management and Financial Planning Experience
- Over 20 years of experience in fee-only financial planning and investment management.
- Experience includes developing and implementing investment strategies in coordination with financial goals.
- Bedel Financial Consulting, Inc., Sr. Portfolio Manager, Chief Investment Officer
Education and Professional Designations
- Awarded Chartered Financial Analyst designation.
- Bachelor of Science, Economics/Finance and Mathematics Double Major, University of Indianapolis, Magna cum laude.
- Presidential Scholar, University of Indianapolis.
- Past President and Past Board Member, CFA Society of Indianapolis.
- Member, CFA Institute.
- Contributing writer to Bedel Financial Consulting, Inc.’s quarterly newsletter.
- Contributing writer to Inside Indiana Business.
- Treasurer, Hamilton County Leadership Academy, Graduate of 2012 Class
- Sunday School Teacher, K-6th, ZUMC
- Participant with Central American Lutheran Mission Society and Mission Guatemala
- Past Treasurer, Greater Indianapolis Area Emmaus Community
- Past Advisory Council, Zionsville United Methodist Church (ZUMC)
- Recognized in the "Who's Who Behind the Scenes In Banking & Financial Services" by Indianapolis Business Journal, October 2003.
- Recipient of Five Star Wealth Manager Award, Indianapolis Monthly - 5 Year Winner.
Check out more fun facts about Bill:
Spend some time now getting your 2020 tax picture in order. In just a few months, 2021 will arrive. Here are several things to consider before the calendar turns over.
There is no way to sugarcoat the numbers. The severity of the hit to our economy is unprecedented. Today's headlines may grab your attention, but what does this all mean about our future?
Have you heard the expression about the canary in the coal mine? Canary birds were the first to react to unhealthy conditions in coal mines and served as a warning to the miners. Bonds can also be like those canaries, warning investors of a coming recession.
The stock market has experienced dramatic daily and weekly swings, both positive and negative. While traditional economic data will likely continue to be negative for some time, it is helpful to pay attention to developments in other areas that also provide signals of the health of the economy.
The holidays can be a wonderful time of year, but some serious issues can put a damper on the festivities. Many of these issues come down to the mismanagement of money. Learn how being proactive can save both your money and family relationships.
When it comes to your investment portfolio, taking risk shouldn’t be a foreign concept. But many don’t necessarily think of risk when investing in bonds. We discuss the types of risk you would commonly find in the world of bonds and highlight what those risks could mean for your portfolio.
Most of us are familiar with the terms HSA and FSA, but chances are you might not understand the differences between the two medical savings accounts. While both can be offered by employers in conjunction with a health insurance plan, the two accounts have some marked differences. Read on for the details.
For some, the 4th quarter of 2018 might have seemed like a tough storm to weather when it came to the stock market. It can be difficult to batten down the hatches and ride out a financial storm, but with proper planning you can help to ensure your financial home withstands any bad weather that might come its way. We have eight tips to help you survive a financial storm.
It’s almost tax time, and along with that comes a new standard deduction that could shake up how you file your taxes. If you’ve been used to itemizing your deductions, this year might be the first where you take the new larger standard deduction. We’ve broken down who might itemize versus who will likely benefit from taking the deduction, along with tax strategies you can employ right now to benefit your tax situation in 2019.
Investment lessons learned during a trek up Mount Kilimanjaro?? It might sound crazy, but…Follow along as Bill discusses the lessons he learned during his climb up Mount Kilimanjaro and discover how they likely apply to your investment portfolio.
Many investors aren’t aware of their ability to borrow against their portfolios. But margin loans, at times, can be an effective tool for securing needed funds. It’s critical to ensure you understand the tax implications, as well as what a margin loan might mean for the overall health of your portfolio. Read on as we discuss the pros and cons of margin loans and whether they might be right for you.
Everyone knows that the choices we make today affect us down the road…but that’s especially true with our money habits! They key is to change your mindset about money and be realistic about what you need to do to secure your financial future.