Bill Wendling, CFA
Sr. Portfolio Manager and
Chief Investment Officer
As a portfolio manager, I partner with clients in helping to ensure their portfolio is invested in the best way to meet their long-term goals. Since every client has different goals, every client's portfolio is uniquely invested. Too frequently, people overcomplicate problems, when simplifying them would be helpful. I like Occam's razor which suggests that oftentimes the simplest solution is the best solution.
Investment Management and Financial Planning Experience
- Over 20 years of experience in fee-only financial planning and investment management.
- Experience includes developing and implementing investment strategies in coordination with financial goals.
- Bedel Financial Consulting, Inc., Sr. Portfolio Manager, Chief Investment Officer
Education and Professional Designations
- Awarded Chartered Financial Analyst designation.
- Bachelor of Science, Economics/Finance and Mathematics Double Major, University of Indianapolis, Magna cum laude.
- Presidential Scholar, University of Indianapolis.
- Past President and Past Board Member, CFA Society of Indianapolis.
- Member, CFA Institute.
- Contributing writer to Bedel Financial Consulting, Inc.’s quarterly newsletter.
- Contributing writer to Inside Indiana Business.
- Treasurer, Hamilton County Leadership Academy, Graduate of 2012 Class
- Sunday School Teacher, K-6th, ZUMC
- Participant with Central American Lutheran Mission Society and Mission Guatemala
- Past Treasurer, Greater Indianapolis Area Emmaus Community
- Past Advisory Council, Zionsville United Methodist Church (ZUMC)
- Recognized in the "Who's Who Behind the Scenes In Banking & Financial Services" by Indianapolis Business Journal, October 2003.
- Recipient of Five Star Wealth Manager Award, Indianapolis Monthly - 5 Year Winner.
Check out more fun facts about Bill:
For some, the 4th quarter of 2018 might have seemed like a tough storm to weather when it came to the stock market. It can be difficult to batten down the hatches and ride out a financial storm, but with proper planning you can help to ensure your financial home withstands any bad weather that might come its way. We have eight tips to help you survive a financial storm.
It’s almost tax time, and along with that comes a new standard deduction that could shake up how you file your taxes. If you’ve been used to itemizing your deductions, this year might be the first where you take the new larger standard deduction. We’ve broken down who might itemize versus who will likely benefit from taking the deduction, along with tax strategies you can employ right now to benefit your tax situation in 2019.
Investment lessons learned during a trek up Mount Kilimanjaro?? It might sound crazy, but…Follow along as Bill discusses the lessons he learned during his climb up Mount Kilimanjaro and discover how they likely apply to your investment portfolio.
Many investors aren’t aware of their ability to borrow against their portfolios. But margin loans, at times, can be an effective tool for securing needed funds. It’s critical to ensure you understand the tax implications, as well as what a margin loan might mean for the overall health of your portfolio. Read on as we discuss the pros and cons of margin loans and whether they might be right for you.
Everyone knows that the choices we make today affect us down the road…but that’s especially true with our money habits! They key is to change your mindset about money and be realistic about what you need to do to secure your financial future.
Predicting the rise or fall of interest rates is a difficult task – even for those considered experts in the field. But it does appear that interest rates are poised to continue rising this year. Unsure of what this means to you as an investor or borrower? We’ve got you covered!
Unless you have a crystal ball, it’s hard to predict what tax changes might be coming our way in 2018. But there are several strategies you can implement before December 31st that could better position you to take advantage of the 2018 changes.
Everyone knows volunteering is a good thing to do. Volunteers touch lives and make a difference. However, volunteering also provides true economic ...
Thinking about buying or selling a home? In Central Indiana, home prices have never been stronger! Will this trend continue? If so, how long? ...
Do you spend your time wisely? When it comes to financial decisions, do you spend a significant amount of time on the small stuff? Have you ever ...
During the presidential campaign, both candidates talked about incentivizing corporations to bring their earnings held offshore back to the United ...
An old adage says: “If it seems too good to be true, then it probably is!” About ten years ago, some wealthy investors were given an opportunity to earn an average 12% return and never lose money. They invested millions! Unfortunately, this story is true and it didn’t end well!