Mathew J. Ryan, MBA, CFP®
Financial Planning Specialist
My role as Financial Planning Specialist is to provide support to the Financial Planning and Investment Management teams to ensure all of our clients’ goals and expectations are met through exceptional service. This is accomplished through the preparation of comprehensive financial plans, including, but not limited to estate plan assessment, tax strategies, and social security planning. I also strive to stay abreast of the ever changing financial landscape to ensure that Bedel Financial stays on the cutting edge of changing laws as they pertain to estate transfers, taxes, businesses, etc.
Personal Financial Planning Experience
- Over 5 years experience providing fee-only financial planning and investment management services to high net-worth individuals.
- These services include comprehensive plan preparation entailing estate planning strategies, business trend forecasting, cash flow and retirement planning as well as tax and insurance advice.
- Bedel Financial Consulting, Inc. Financial Planning Specialists
- Four Quadrants Advisory Companies. Financial Analyst/Planner
- Americans Funds [Capital Group Companies]. Senior Marketing Representative
Educational & Professional Designations
- Certified Financial Professional® certification
- Masters of Business Administration [MBA], Anderson University
- Bachelor of Arts, Finance Major, Anderson University
It's open enrollment time for your group health plan. As your company begins to present your plan choices for the coming year, understanding the confusing alphabet soup is critical. Addressing three essential items will help you pick the appropriate plan for you and your family.
As your child heads off to college, you might feel a bit of relief knowing that your job is done...at least for a few months. But if you don’t have legal medical documents in place for your child, your job just became much harder should your student be hurt or incapacitated while away from home. Read on for our advice on documents it makes sense to have in place so you can make healthcare decisions for your child should he/she be unable to.
Pensions are quickly becoming a thing of the past, but if you still have one it’s important to understand your payout options once you retire. We explore the pros and cons of both options so you can make an informed decision.
What do you think of when you hear the term “reverse mortgage”? Chances are it might not be positive. But the reverse mortgages of yesteryear are being replaced by more evolved loans that can be helpful to some. The key is to understand the changes in the newer mortgages, and then to talk with your advisor to be sure it’s a viable strategy in your comprehensive financial plan. We have the details…
With so much talk about the imposed tariffs on China, potential trade wars, and possible retaliatory tariffs on the U.S., it’s hard to know what to believe. Are we really headed for a trade war? Read on to better understand the pros and cons of the tariffs game.