Meredith Carbrey, CFP®
Sr. Wealth Advisor
My goal is to put a client’s mind at ease with regard to their finances. Once we have discussed their hopes, dreams and desires we can craft a financial plan to meet their needs. The client’s concerns are alleviated because they know what they need to do to get where they want to go and they have someone to help them get there.
Professional Financial Planning Experience
- Over 20 years in the financial services industry helping individuals achieve their financial goals.
- Bedel Financial Consulting, Inc., Sr. Wealth Advisor
- MFB Financial, Vice President of The Wealth Management Group of MFB
- STAR Financial Bank, Assistant Vice President of The Private Client Group
- Stock Yards Bank & Trust Company, Assistant Vice President of Private Banking
- National City Bank of Kentucky, Assistant Vice President of The Private Client Group
Education and Professional Designations
- Certified Financial Planner™ certification, College for Financial Planning
- Master of Business Administration, University of Louisville
- Bachelor of Arts, Wake Forest University, Cum Laude
- Humanities and Civic Leadership course, University of Louisville
- Entrepreneurship course, University of Louisville
- Cannon Financial Institute, Trust School I & II
Professional and Community Activities & Accolades
- Financial Planning Association
- Recipient of Five Star Wealth Manager Award, Indianapolis Monthly - 4 Year Winner
- Stanley K. Lacey Executive Leadership Series, Class XXXIX
- Women’s Fund of Central Indiana, OPTIONS Class 13
- Coburn Place, former Board Member
- Junior League of Indianapolis, former Board Member
- Wake Forest University, Reunion Committee
- St. Richard’s Episcopal School, Regalia Committee
- Trinity Episcopal Church, Choir Board
This Valentine’s Day, switch it up and give the gift of financial security. Read our tips for the best Valentine’s Day gift.
Last minute shopping…It’s not nearly as popular as it once was, thanks in large part to online shopping. But 57% of holiday shoppers still believe they’ll be finishing up their gift-purchasing in December.
Concerned about your elderly parent’s safety or ability to make sound decisions? It might be time to consider becoming a legal guardian for your parent. We’ve laid out the basics of legal guardianship and what the process might entail for you.
As if Social Security isn’t confusing enough at times, Social Security spouse benefits can present a whole new set of challenges: When do you claim? Should you claim your benefits or your spouse’s benefits? How much of your spouse’s benefits can you claim? We’ve laid out several different scenarios to help guide you through what can seem like a labyrinth at times.
It’s a hot seller’s market right now – and that could mean more cash in your pocket if you’re looking to sell your house. But not so fast! Before you make that leap and list your home, be sure you fully understand the tax implications of selling your house for a greater profit. Read on to discover how to uncover what your tax liability will be when you sell your home.
Chances are planning your own funeral probably isn’t high on your list of things you’d like to do. But taking the time now to plan how you would like your life to be celebrated can be a wonderful gift for your family and friends, removing undue stress from them during an already emotional time.
It’s that time of year when goblins ring your doorbell and employer benefit enrollment information pings your mailbox. Do you know if your benefits are a trick or a treat? Sometimes, you need to pull off the mask and find out!
If your dad is suddenly hospitalized, who would your mom turn to for help? You? If so, do you understand Medicare, Medicaid, and long-term care ...
Traveling overseas? Have you thought about how you will get money and spend money while there? Preparation may be both valuable and time saving!
Life is full of “what-ifs”! What if your neighbor’s dying tree crashes through your roof; your newly remodeled basement floods; ...
Are you a member of the overlooked Generation X? If you were born between 1965 and 1980, you are “America’s neglected middle ...
Are you interested in simplifying your charitable giving? Or, perhaps you want to reduce your tax liability in a high income year. Do you have ...